Security & Signal Protection Services
Safety and Security Film Applications:
APWindow Film has been enhancing numerous facilities with added security, energy efficiency, UV protection – even deterring graffiti vandals. All with Llumar safety and security film.
Among our many satisfied and well protected customers are the Government of Canada, High-Tech Companies, embassies and private residences.
Llumar Safety & Security films are made with layers of polyester film bonded by special adhesives. Easily installed to the interior of new or existing glass, the film forms an almost invisible shield that holds glass shards intact when a pane breaks.
Whether the concern is for a residential or commercial setting, security window film offers various levels of film protection which address a wide-variety of hazard needs. For example:
- Security window film helps as a theft deterrent. More time and effort is required to penetrate the glass, allowing noise and/or alarm systems time to alert attention to the scene.
- Security window film provides a protective barrier for child safety – Acting as a shield that keeps a pane in place it provides a protective barrier for children who could be harmed from shards of broken glass if a nearby window is accidentally broken during play. This is especially beneficial for daycare home and facility settings.
- Security window film can effectively reduce flying glass-related injuries – Windows quickly become potential hazards during strong winds and storms, flying debris, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other destructive forces. The risks can be minimized as the strong protective layer security window film provides can hold glass in place, reducing dangers flying shards.
Security film bomb test videos
The APW Film Advantage
- We supply Dupont Teijin Mylar film
- Over 38 years of professional experience
- In Stock: Various safety and security films (4 mil to 15 mil)
- We offer free on-site estimates
- IWFA Certified security film specialists
- We carry films that exceed UL 972 & ULC-S332 standards for burglary resisting material
- Warranty backed by Eastman (the world’s largest manufacturer of window film)
Full Spectrum Window Protection
Guard your information — and your people — with Signals Defenses Security Film.
Electronic Assets: Secure or Susceptible?
Your information is valuable. And it’s not unrealistic to think that someone is trying to get their hands on it. To prevent this, your organization may employ security measures that range from commonplace to exotic.
The proliferation of decentralized client-server computing environments and the use of wireless LANs, work stations, laptops, cell phones, Bluetooth technology and PDAs has allowed data to be readily accessible virtually anywhere. Even the most sophisticated InfoSec methods of securing your electronic assets within the network are susceptible to surveillance once data is displayed. It’s the Achilles heel of any IT security strategy.
Why? Radio frequency (RF) and infrared (IR) signals generated from electronic and voice devices within a building “leak” through the glass windows to the outside world, introducing a significant security threat.
This RF/IR signal leakage allows unauthorized parties to monitor, eavesdrop, record and steal confidential and valuable electronic information and voice conversations from an organization even though encryption and other cyber security protections have been deployed.
Your Information Technology. Our Film Technology.
RF and IR signals leakage can be blocked by deploying Signals Defenses SD1000® Security Film on windows and glass portions of the building, offering upwards of 35 dB attenuation to wireless signals. If wireless signals are not accessible to others, then miscues with respect to LAN encryption, authentication, VPN, and firewall rules can still be protected until they are corrected. Consider it a necessary precaution to ensure that privileged and confidential information remains just that. Secure. And Green.
Protection of your electronic assets should be your primary reason for selecting Signals Defenses Security Film. But it pays for itself in other ways. For instance, the SD1000 film has the highest TSER rating of any product worldwide, making it a great choice for LEED certified buildings. Plus, it reduces harmful and damaging electromagnetic interference (EMI) emissions to provide your staff with a healthier and safer work environment.
SD1000 / SD2500
Window Protection for Your Electronic Assets
- Wireless LAN Security (802.11X)
- Eavesdropping Mitigation
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Blast Hazard Protection
- Maximum Solar Energy Rejection
RF and IR are typical values as tested by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Additional technical specifications can be obtained by contacting us.
Signals Defenses Security Film was developed in cooperation with the U.S. military. But its usefulness extends into the civic, commercial and private sectors as well. For instance:
- Critical Infrastructure: Energy, Transportation and First Responders
- State and Local Government
- Law Enforcement Agencies and Courts
Financial Institutions: Banks, Insurance Firms and Brokerages
- Healthcare: Hospitals, Clinics and Pharmaceutical Firms
- Privacy for High Profile / High Net Worth Individuals
- High Interest / Controversial Organizations